Monday, June 14, 2021

Oliver Anthony Paulson Tate


Born June 14, 2021.   7lbs, 3 oz.  20 inches long.  Despite all tests- the ones I consented to- coming out fine, my midwife and the doctors at the practice were so nervous about my pregnancy.  I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes- by one point over, and they were giving me all the worst case scenarios- despite my numbers being fine, my weekly ultrasounds normal, and my non-stress tests perfect.  I pushed to not be induced before forty weeks, and one doctor gave me the lecture that I was endangering the baby.

Yep.  I'm forty-three, and this is my sixth baby.  And I still was so nervous.  All for nothing.  Oliver Anthony was born healthy and happy.  He was my second smallest baby, probably due to the severe diet I was on, but it hasn't seemed to hold him back.  





There he is, our tiny, wrinkly guy, just born.  He was a furry little guy, and had tufted ears.  He looked so much like Lucy in his ultrasound photos, and he still does.





(Look at that crease between his eyes!)  I was so unprepared for his birth mentally- I really didn't believe that we were going to have a baby until I held him in my arms, and even then, it still felt like a surprise.  I know, so well, how blessed I am.  To have another baby at this stage, to nurse another baby, to add another person to our family...God's goodness is overwhelming.

 

No comments:

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...