Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Lucy was wonderful in the stroller, and Bowden was pretty good- he did get very excited and run everywhere when we were at the zoo. Last night he said he hurt his leg, and I think it was a cramp from so much use.
They both liked the Bonobos, but mostly Lucy didn't care, and I don't know that Bowden ever calmed down enough to really see anything. He definitely did not like the tiger, not at all, or the thin-nosed crocodile. Mostly he liked to yell at the monkeys.
At the beach, this morning, we let Lucy down, and she crawled straight for the waves. She would chuckle every time a big one washed around her...Bowden-bows would hardly put his feet in.
Our hosts were excellent, the weather was beautiful, and we had a nice crab and coconut shrimp dinner...I may still be a little bit giddy.




8 comments:

Griffen said...

Is she walking in that picture?
Maybe you capture her just right every time, but she looks like the HAPPIEST baby.

Griffen said...

For a second I was bummed that you weren't in any of the photos... but I don't know how I missed that one of Bowden riding on your back.

JUST KIDDING!! (If you could see me, you would know how pleased I am with myself for coming up with that one.)

heidiann(e) said...

it all looks so deliciously fun and healing and wonderful.

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

My all-time favorite beach and people.

sarah said...

Lucy took her first steps at ten months, but it wasn't until last week, at eleven and a half months, that she really became a walker.
It's a full month sooner than Bowden, but she says at least 5 fewer words than he did at this point.

Oh, and I was there, and I will post pictures of me, although I promise nothing.

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you all got a chance to get away- you really deserved it (and then some)!

Liana said...

Oh, how fun that looks! Makes me miss the beach so much & I'm equally eager for our new little one to be able to enjoy mini-vacations as well! We have a baby boy, Noah James, born on July 10th. He's a delight! I'll have to send pictures to you soon!

sarah said...

hey, liana!

congratulations! I keep trying to go to your blog, but it doesn't exist!

send pictures soon!

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...