Monday, July 03, 2006



The really astounding thing about having children is how much work they make everything. I just realized how easy my job at the Inn is- on Saturday Josh watched the chilluns and I answered the phone, and did the laundry and checked people out, and still had time to sit down!
The time before, I had brought Bowden and Lucy, and had barely any time to put the laundry in the dryer. Here's how it went-
Bowden watches cartoons for a bit, but then he wants to play on the porch, and leaves the sliding screen open, so Lucy crawls out, then the phone rings, and I'm holding Lucy, and Bowden disappears around the back of the office, out of sight, so I finish the call, and then run around trying to find him.
I make him stay inside and put Lucy down in the living room area, because the phone is ringing, so I take the call, hang up and then hear a huge crash, and Lucy is on the ground, with little scrapes on her nose, and her tongue bleeding, and the phone rings!!!
She loves this little rocking chair, but I have to make sure it is against the couch, otherwise she pushes it back and falls on her face. The pictures are before that had happened, so I took them thinking, "How sweet! My little chubster likes to climb," not, "Danger! Danger!"

1 comment:

Griffen said...

But they look so well-behaved!

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...