Saturday, September 02, 2006






Lucy was having a cranky day- both kids were, and I was having a tired day, and after a particularily grumpy- nay, tragic- diaper changing for Lucy, I undressed her entirely, and set her in the sink. I first put the little drainer in the garbage disposal in the middle just in case.
It was not long before Bowdo Baggins desired a high-fallutin bath as well, so I emptied out the sink and stuck him the other side. I have the perfect sink for two babies, and really, the perfectly designed sink for many things. Not to brag, but I am thankful.
So- I spent an hour or so standing next to them, and mangaed to load the dishwasher, wipe off the counters, and keep Cranks and Chunks happy and occupied for a long while. And I got them mostly clean. Bowden's face did get wiped off, despite the messy close-up.
I'm reading a book for married mothers, and one of its comments struck me- that I should have time for everything. That's not been one of my problems- having time. Rather, I don't have the desire to do a lot of things I feel like I need to. I could have taken them out of their "baths" a lot sooner, and vacuumed, or swept, but I traded it in for peace.

6 comments:

Griffen said...

That does look like a sink to brag about, and a wonderful window to look out while doing piles of dishes. Those two cuties up the value of the sink drastically.

Understood about the "peace" thing though. Even cuties have their moments...

Abigail said...

You're a smart girl to choose the peace over the vroom-vroom. Now I covet a large double sink (nay, a triple!) to stock up on the same. :)

I think your nekkid children are awfully cute.

Annie said...

You chose the important thing. Time with your children is an investment that will last a lifetime, and showing love and affirming them in their play is foundational in raising healthy, happy children.
Have you heard the poem, I think your Nanny may have given me? I don't remember it all, but the gist of it is that cobwebs can keep til tom, but your children can't wait.
And besides, you got the dishes done!!!
Love ya tons,
Mom
\Annie

heidiann(e) said...

in sinks or puddles, these Cranks and Chunks are darling.
more please!


oh, and kids also prefer peace to clean houses. i'm sure of it.

Liana said...

I have to agree with Sandy - the 2 cuties certainly up the value of the sink!
This sink though, I'm drooling over it ~ i've never seen one such as this. I almost want MORE pictures of it so that I can ask my husband for one like it! Is the "middle portion" for hand-washing?
How PERFECT for 2 chillins!

sarah said...

the middle one is where the garbage disposal is...it is truly a wonder. I love it soooo much!

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...