Wednesday, October 25, 2006



This is the long camp driveway. About two years ago, Bowden had just started walking, and after we would go on a walk around town, we'd bring him back and let him make the long trip on his own two feet.
It would take a half-hour, but we had time, and two pairs of eyes for one child. He loved the hollow thump of his feet on the metal plate near the top, and Lucy does, too.
I let them walk it sometimes, and today I was struck with a soft nostalgia for the days when we had one baby...
I love what having two has brought into our lives, and I look forward to the eventuality of more.

4 comments:

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

I really like how you dress your kids, Sadie...

Kelly Visel said...

I love the hollow thump of the metal plate too; it's the welcoming sound of entering camp.

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

The Hollow Thump - the warning sound to "look busy" cuz

"it could be Dick or Keith"

Anonymous said...

I MISS them already, and it hasn't been 24 hours. Let me move in with you!

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...