Friday, January 19, 2007

And there it is, well, part of it, since I'm sitting and hunching. Look! All of my glorious stretch marks are coming out of hiding, and I am even more droopy than ever. I will get a real picture of myself and Rosie, clothed and pregnant-looking, the next time I see her, but this will have to do.
Sorry if this grosses anyone out...I haven't ever thought that my belly was ugly, but I'm not so ashamed either. It's interesting- look at my scar from my belly button ring- it gets more pronounced the further along I go.
Tuesday is our ultrasound, and until this point I have been steadily on the side of "not finding out," but I am beginning to want to know if it is a Jack in there, or an Annie Rose....(change of name..."Anita" is my mother and grandmother's name, and we got a book about two children a lot like mine...the little girl is Annie Rose, and so will ours be.)
Phew. Good thing my belly button is clean. Now stop harrassing me! (I LOVE you guys.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess this'll do for now, but I will be waiting for the sideways shot of two preggo sisters.

The harrassment NEVER stops. That's why we're friends.

Christina said...

I can't get over how cute your kids are!! I'll say for the billionth time, we need to get together again soon. I'm dying to come up there again, to see you, and for our kiddos to play.

I have to laugh at your belly only in how much it looks like mine did when I was pregnant. I have the same funny scar from my belly button ring, and am covered in stretch marks.

(My youngest is Miriam Rose...Annie Rose would be so cute!)

Liana said...

Thanks for letting us see baby Tate via your belly!
I like the name Annie - it's my nickname!
Hope you are doing well!

Abigail said...

I know the books of which you speak! May I recommend Tales of Trotter Street for more of Alfie and Annie Rose (mostly because in one of the stories Alfie get new yellow rubber boots, just like Bowden's). I think Hughes is at her best, though, in any of her books that deal with a single theme (e.g. Chatting, Jumping, Giving, Noisy etc.). They are wonderful. Millie loves, loves, loves the Noisy book especially. (Big surprise.)

Now that my distractable self is back on track, nice belly! I look forward to even MORE baby belly pictures.

Anonymous said...

glorious belly!

Abigail said...

Of COURSE I meant to recommend the book All About Alfie (which, true to its title IS all about Alfie and Annie Rose), not Tales of Trotter Street.

Oops.
Forgive me.

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...