Friday, August 24, 2007

We had an adventure the other day. Rather, the children had an adventure.

It began with my innocent comment that I planned to clean out the closet in the baby's room. Bowden and Lucy were playing happily in their room, and I heard my phone ring. I talked to...someone...with the phone plugged in, and then realized it was time for lunch.

The smell tipped me off, but I still wasn't sure until Bowden came down the stairs without Lucy...saying she was stuck in the baby's closet.

Oh no...and the closet was emptied. I have about thirty boxes with old letters in there, all the clothes that the kids have outgrown or are growing into, and one little plastic organizer box that proved to be the bane of my existence.

Someone gave it to me, full of little beads, and I added, in my teenage years, a vial of Tiffany perfume, some buttons and other things for which there is no use, unless you count pouring perfume in the box and then dumping the contents on the floor of the room.

They helped empty the closet...for me. It took over a week to clean it out and reorganize all the kid's clothing that had been piled in the center of the room, making a wall that Lucy could not escape. as I organized it, the chickens found some lovely outfits that they wore all day yesterday and wantd to wear again today.
Bowden's tennis outfit, with a dolphins jacket.
Lucy and her daddy.
The funniest thing about these pajamas is that I put them on over her clothes, thinking that she'd want them off soon.
She ended up in them all day, and at bathtime almost died of conniption fit until I told her that she could wear them to bed. This morning I declared them dirty and put them in the hamper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucy is super cute and Bowden looks good as a tennis player...

I miss you guys.

Annie said...

Fine outfits- and what a pleased look she has on her face!
I love your plastic organizer in the middle part!

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...