Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day! We talked to the kids this morning about St. Patrick- and how this holiday is really about loving our enemies...and wearing green and leprechauns and ...

Bowden had his Trinity Leaf on.

I made green and orange rolls.
Lucy posed- see the socks?
Jack, too, stood and made like Madonna.
At the coffee shop, some little green guys had come by. They were especially attentive to the tip jar and the pastry case...

I think I may start celebrating St. Patrick's Day with new vigor...although I am still traumatized from my experience as a Brownie (Girl Scouts) when we ate green everything. It was pretty gross.

7 comments:

al'xae said...

you're such a fun mom! :)

Griffen said...

Yeah you are! I'm celebrating St. Patrick's next year. Most def.

Liana said...

ditto.
you ARE a very cool mom!

Annie said...

You go, celebrating-Sarah!
I thought it was funny that most of the adults at my school, from Principal through Jewish-special ed teachers wore green yesterday.
\Never announced, we just all showed up to honor that good ole ITALIAN missionary to Ireland!

sarah said...

I don't think St. Patrick was Italian...he was Welsh, a Roman citizen before Italy existed...but if we think of it that way...Paul was an Italian, too. Italians are awesome.

Dylan, Katie, Ada, Nellie and Moses said...

i love lucy's socks!!

Abigail said...

If you're representative of Italians, then, yeah, they're all awesome.

I spent St. Patrick's morning in a dentist's chair. He (the dentist, not the chair) is a good ol' Italian Roman Catholic, and we had a fun talk about St. Patrick.

Lastly, as long as I'm babbling, I think the world needs more recipe blogs. Just sayin'.

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...