Thursday, April 27, 2006



As I was cutting strawberries for our Bible study dinner last night, I saw Bowden, out of the corner of my eye, give a little jump and heard his "Ooohh!"
I looked at him, and he looked at me and said, seriously, "I thought that was a creature."
He was pointing at a strawberry stem that had fallen on the ground.

Later, to see the reaction again, I called to him as he was playing in the living room, "Bowden, come see, a creature!"
He replied, "No! I'm scared of a creature!"
"Come on!" and so he came, stopped ten feet away from me and said, "Where?"
"Right there." I pointed.
"Where?"
"Oh, wait, it's not a creature. It's a strawberry stem! Do you want to hold it?"
He looked at it with distrust, which I may have deserved, but certainly not the strawberry stem, "No."
I am not usually so deceitful with my babes, but I loved how he said "creature," and the look on his face.
I did not scar him.

3 comments:

Griffen said...

Oooo! He has his mommy's legs!

Griffen said...

And the obvious conclusion: What a delightful creature!!

Abigail said...

He looks ready to leap away if the Creature rears its head! So cute. Remind him that he's the wild thing.

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...