Monday, May 22, 2006



I am suffering from post-parting blues.
Lisa left Saturday night, and Job left last night, after all of the campers and staff went down the hill. We went from hectic to snail's pace in an hour and a half. Our copious amounts of company have left, and I am wishing that we had someone to play with now that we have time to play.
Bowden and Lucy loved the visitors. When it came time for Job to go, all Bowden could say was, "Not yet!"
After Job had left, Bowden grabbed an empty suitcase and asked, "Is it time to pack up? To go to Grandma Tate's with Uncle Job?"
We miss you, Uncle Job. I'm glad you finally got to meet Lucy Gates, and I know Bowden will be talking about you for months.

Uncle Job gave Bowden an inflatable airplane.
Josh and Lucy, Bowden and me, Cassie Yates, and Lisa, with Job taking the picture.



Lucy and Uncle Jobie.

6 comments:

Abigail said...

Lucy looks absolutely beautiful in the next to last picture with Uncle Job. She's a little flower face, but Bowden is not beautiful, oh no! He is abnormally cute in the biggest little man sort of way. (And is that a cookie he's clutching as Job holds him? I can spy those babies a mile away...)

I can see why you all will miss your loved ones.

Steve said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Steve said...

Josh wore the California Dreams intramural shirt!!!!!!

I thought the only ones who still had that shirt were me, MJ, and Josh Jones!!

barefootkangaroo said...

I rarely wear the shirt in public, but it is a regular in the pajama shirt circuit. I love that shirt though and I never fail to put it on without being reminded of our dismal intramural outing and my teammates.

Steve said...

Hey, we weren't half bad that year!

Well, okay.

We WERE *half* bad.

But still, we almost made the playoffs!

But what a team, and what a shirt!

ShortCourt said...

Those tater tots are adorable!!

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...