Tuesday, August 29, 2006



If I am guilty of something, and to be honest, I am guilty of much, but let one of those things be forcing my children to be together and teaching them to love each other. I push it like...well, this is a family blog, so just imagine. It may come off to some as fake and forced, but so far they love each other and love to be around each other.

What a shame it is to have siblings that don't love each other or keep in touch. After salvation and health, this is the prayer I make- that they will be dear to each other.
I don't think it comes as a surprise to anyone that knows me that I value family- my sister, especially, provides me with a relationship and sense of wholeness that no one but my children or husband or parents can duplicate. This is why I want to have TEN MORE CHILDREN.

9 comments:

Abigail said...

To add my two cents, the affection your children display in these picture never looks forced. Affection of that kind cannot be forced, and it springs out of deep love tended by parents who do all they can to foster it further.

Good job, Sarah and Josh! My siblings and parents are closer to me than anyone is but John (and the girls, though they provide a relationship of a different sort), and I am thankful for the mixture of strength and comedy they provide.

I think that the closeness of brothers, sisters, and parents is made unbreakable because they Know more of our story's beginning than anyone else ever will, and, wherever it leads, the beginning shapes the middle and the end.

Abigail said...

p.s. I forgot to mention again just how fetching your children are. Honestly, the screen is melting in appreciation.

Abigail said...

p.p.s. ONLY ten? :) I would love it if God's pleasure was to give you and Josh a dozen.

Anonymous said...

Twelve children!!!!!!!

You always wanted twelve... wasn't you and Josh's compromise 5? Go for the gold Sarah...

You're my very best friend and I love you.
You're the best thing ever.

Help me plan the reception!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

We eagerly await the news of a new west coast Tate on the horizon. May the Lord fill Josh's quiver! Big families rock.

barefootkangaroo said...

Hahahaha! You're right! I would totally smoke that.

sarah said...

At two years between each child, I would be having children until I was 75, or around there.

I think that 25 kids just is not possible.


Maybe for Josh, if I became a fundamentalist mormon and found an appropriate sister-wife.

Anonymous said...

not if by sister wife you meant a real sister, sista, ccause that would be me. That's nasty.

sarah said...

i was actually referring to a wife for Josh, who would become a sister for me.
don't be disgusting, Rosie.
(totally j/k)

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...