Friday, August 25, 2006


Lucy loved the school of fish in the crocodile pond- one of the coolest things about the San Diego Zoo is the underwater tanks for some of the animals you wouldn't really see above the water, like the crocodile, hippo, or otters.

I got in a little bit of trouble at an exhibit, when I made my standard guinea pig noise at the meerkats, who suddenly became very alert and excited. "Why not do it more?" I thought and did, until The Keeper came out and told me I was making a meerkat warning noise, and that if I hadn't kept it up, he would have assumed it was them.
We also had a fun time bringing down our "hooves" on the railing at the gazelles of some kind and making like we wanted their ladies. We didn't get in trouble for that.

It was a little hot, and Bowden walked a lot, and Lucy hardly at all, but they both did pretty good on the trip, and seemed to enjoy it.



Now, I love the Zoo, but the Wild Animal Park had a better petting "kraal."
We were able to pet three different varieties of deer and two different wild goat breeds, and the Zoo just had the standard sheep and goats. Bowden was very good with the deer, mainly because he had been lectured on being "gentle" the day before with the long suffering goats. Lucy is a little bit violent. I don't know where she got that from.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Fun pictures, great times! YOur babies did really well!
Love,
Annie

Griffen said...

I always knew that guinea pig sound was going to get you in trouble some day....

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...