Sunday, September 24, 2006



The candles I ordered for Rosie's reception came, and when I arrived at my mother's house, they were in the guestroom I use when I come to visit. The kids decided that the little green styrofoam popcorns were too cunning to resist, and promptly began to sprinkle and crumble them all about.
I spent a good hour emptying the boxes of their load and dumping out the popcorn into garbage bags, but I kept the kidlings occupied with the best toy...an empty cardboard box.
Bowden kept trapping Lucy in-between two boxes and calling it her cage, and he got upset when I tried to move them to the backyard. Apparently it takes very little time for a small human being to feel ownership over a cardboard box. Just so you know.

3 comments:

Griffen said...

Huh.
Good to know. Thanks for the heads-up.

Annie said...

Boxes are the best baby toy!! Also, empty toilet paper rolls, oatmeal containers, and well, just about any box.

Abigail said...

Here's a resounding cheer for cardboard! I love the stuff.
Almost nothing else keeps the girls handily entertained for hours on end, and one can recycle it! Which I am lame enough to love... (Loving recycling, that is. I am not lame for loving my children.)

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...