Saturday, October 21, 2006




One of Bowden's obsessions is with our couch cushions. It is particularily trying to me, as he is constantly messing them up, throwing them everywhere, body-slamming and attacking them...and leaving them all over the living room. I don't know why I find this especially tiresome..more so than even crumbs on the floor...but I do.
I have made a rule that the cushions can be played with, but only on the couch. To help this rule stick, I helped Bowden build a fort, according to his specific instructions. He liked this so much that he actually wanted me to take the last picture of him, so he could see himself in his fort.
The fort was "no girls allowed" except for me and Lucy....

5 comments:

heidiann(e) said...

what striped glory! he has a uniform to match his kingdom.

Abigail said...

Good mom, you.

Pillow cushions are the most fun toys in the house, but now that Millie's old enough to correctly put them back on herself, my former annoyance at pillow cushion floor litter has almost disappeared. Hurrah!

I love that first picture of him. He looks like he's a stowaway on a great blue boat.

Abigail said...

And I want to make sure you saw these comments so that you won't be surprised when a thug for hire sabotages your car.

Annie said...

hellooo owens family. here we come!

sarah said...

oops, not my mom, me. i say hellooo owens family.
whoa nelly.

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...