Tuesday, October 30, 2007

On the Tuesday of our vacation, my in-laws sent us on a trip on the Carillon, a nice little touring boat, from Orwell to White Hall, down Lake Champlain. This was the view of our Lake House from the tour- we went right by it on our trip.
Rosie and Job in the front. We all have a shared history, Lisa and Job and Rosie and Josh and I, and it was good to get together, even with small arguments. For that matter, it wouldn't have been right if we didn't argue.
Rosie saluting- and dishonoring her country, according to Job.Then Job showed them how to do it right. We had a lot of time on the Carillon. The tour was about two and a half hours each way. Lucy and Bowden had an adventure with their cousins, so we just had the babies, content to be held and sleep. View from the boat.
And a view from the top of Skene Manor, where we had a pleasant tea-like luncheon.

My hub-sand and I liked each other especially much on our vacation. This was taken by Job.
Our fellow tourists.

And our captain! It was a really great tour. We saw a few bald eagles, a million and a half blue herons, and a few osprey. My in-laws are very generous people, and the trip was worth a day of vacation, hands down.

1 comment:

sarah said...

I came back here to look for a picture of Jack to compare with Miles, and I just have to say, I love that picture of Lisa and Job giving each other dirty looks.

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...