Saturday, February 23, 2008

When Bowden was about two, he developed a cough.  We asked him, "Where'd you get that cough?"
He replied, "From the coffee. I drink too much."

Last week Lucy had a cough, and I asked the same question. Her response? "From the hiccups!"
"The hiccups? Where did you get the hiccups from?"
"In ma bed." She tilted her head and looked off into space. "I lay down in ma bed and the pillow and ma blanket...." she then proceeded to tell me the origin of her hiccups, but I couldn't understand, despite the hand gestures and the emphatic nodding.

Pretty fun. I like that the chickens are all about two years apart. Bowden and Lucy and Jack are hitting milestones at around the same time of year, two years apart. I really enjoy comparing and contrasting their passions and reactions...I know that I could do that anyway, but the seasons make a similar back drop for it all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to go with Bowden's here though...

coughe. makes complete sense.

MomZup said...

Wow, Rosie! That is thinking outside the envelope and once you said it. . .Eureka!!!!

I love these little vignettes with the children. . .miss Josh's interviews with Bowden.

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...