Friday, May 23, 2008

Josh walked into the house yesterday, and my first reaction was, "OOOOooohhhh!! A package!!" and my next reaction was, "Oh, no! From Abigail!" Why, "Oh, no?" I'll show you in a second...
Inside was a bunch of treats to make the chickens go crazy. A gorilla, and a baby gorilla? Lucy just about passed out. And a present? And hidden treats underneath? My favorite part was the hand-embellished Jack Fox onesie...really beautiful, and the card and letter...I love letters.

I let Jacky play with the gorilla first. He did give it a kiss and a hug before Lucy took it off to play.

Lucy and Bowden were very excited about the letter from Millie, and loved her drawing of an elephant. It now lives on our fridge so that we can gaze on it periodically throughout the day.
Lucy loved, loved, loved the dress, and had it on for the rest of the day over her clothes.
This is why I said, "Oh, no!"
I have had this package in my closet, ready to go, for about a month...to go to Abigail. Inside, if you think getting a gift for an eleven-month-old is bad, how about getting a baby present for a little filly who is older than Bowden? Oh, yes, there is a present that I got shortly after I saw John and a three-month pregnant (?) F-Abigail at Houghton in 2002...and never mailed.
(I remember, during that visit, asking Abigail what the doctor said, and being shocked that she hadn't gone to the doctor yet...babies were a strange and alien experience back then.)
So, my friend, thank you TREMENDOUSLY, and I have ruined the surprise. Buckle up, because now I have to mail it soon.

2 comments:

Griffen said...

Packages ni bora.
That means: Packages are best. That's what we say out here.

Well, it's what I say anyway.

Abigail said...

Ha! That's too funny.

Thanks for making me feel positively on top of things for mailing Jackson's gift so swiftly. He wasn't even a year old!

No rush. If past performance holds true to the future, Lord willing, He'll give us more little girls, and if you mail that package anytime in the next 15 years or so, we may have someone to use what's inside.

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...