Friday, October 03, 2008

We came home today from picking up Bowden to find the Forroux children playing on our play set- the social equivalent to finding buried treasure.
Becky and Lucy were playing in the toy room, and Phillip and Bowden were outside on the play set. I overheard the boys talking.
They must have been discussing birthday parties, because I heard Phillip tell Bowden that he would invite Bowden to his birthday party."What is it going to be?" Bowden said after a happy little, "Ooohhhh."
"I don't know. Maybe pirates."
"I had a pirate party and it was awesome. I got a pirate puzzle and all kinds of pirate stuff."

I don't know what the crash was outside- when I looked out, there wasn't anything down that had been up, but it made the boys crack up.
After they laughed awhile, I heard Phillip say, "Hey, Bowden."
"What?"
"I like you."
"I like you, too."

(I always like people better after we've laughed together- the harder we laugh, the more I like them.)

2 comments:

Annie said...

That's so true!
CAll me- I got a new phone and only 2 phone numbers!
Love,
MOM

sarah said...

I will!

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...