Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Today we dropped the cats- recently renamed Lursa and Bator- off at the Ramona Animal Shelter to be adopted. Lursa, the black and white cat also known as Claudius, was having some bladder control issues...three a day, on the futon, and on my blanket, and on the rug by the door, and on our dirty laundry...Josh had said that if they did it one more time, we would have to get rid of them...but I am still sad. I think that she did it because she is not spayed, but with my due date so close, we don't really have time to get them fixed, then see if the problem clears up. There's no way I want to clean up cat accidents, kid accidents, and baby purposefuls on a newborn sleep schedule. Bator, the pretty but dumb one. She also is the one that will sit near you, and not harass you...
Claudius, aka Lursa, the culprit who was way smarter than her sister, but not so pretty.

The boys outside of the animal shelter.

Saying good-bye.

They really weren't that sad. I cried so much I couldn't talk as I filled out the paperwork, and I am still pretty upset when I think about their first night at that dark, dog-smelling place. If you love me, even if you hate animals, you can pray that someone decides to adopt both of them. It would ease my heart and mind greatly. I really wish that I didn't care at all.

2 comments:

The Fredricksons: Brian, Britney, Salty, and Benji said...

They are beautiful kitties, and are still young. Someone will snatch them up quickly I know. people like the young pretty ones.

I was snatched up pretty quick myself!

:)


That was unplanned, but I couldn't resist.

sarah said...

because it's true. don't resist the truth.

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...