Tuesday, March 01, 2011

The Los Angeles Zoo has a children's area that is so outshone by the San Diego Zoo's children's area that I almost regret not renewing our tickets there...but I doubt the kids are judging it in the same way. I mean, getting personal with goats and sheep is fun, but at the S.D. Zoo, you get to pet antelope. That's usually a luxury reserved for wealthy people and Arensens!
Lucy desired numerous pictures with the various artwork, but I limited her to one.
We waited to get in, which didn't bother me. There was a large school group at the zoo in the morning, but they left after lunch.
The Los Angeles zoo does have brushes. That's a plus. And the docents are just as grumpy and judgemental as at any other zoo. This is a big goat.
Miles mostly stood back and watched and pointed. He loved the whole experience, even washing up afterwards.

2 comments:

Griffen said...

I like how there are wealthy people, and then there are the arensens.

Your children a pretty edible.

Btw... you could be amongst the antelope-petters if you choose Tanzania for the big anniversary destination. One for the "pros" side.

Abigail said...

If you visited Nanticoke (in a parallel universe), we'd take you to our local zoo, the only one the girls and I have ever been to. We'd be done in about five minutes, and your children would be bored stiff.

(And I am not showing my children these pictures. They will think I am a bad mother for living in neither California nor Africa.)

YOU are a great mother! All four out and about with smiles in the sun!

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...