Friday, June 21, 2013

Bowden's Tenth Birthday...Party

I am pretty certain that everyone that reads these posts know that Bowden's birthday is on June 10th. June 10th is the day after we came home from Chico, and the day before we left for camping with just our nation of six- have you seen Josh's post about it yet? It's Bummer-Free, of course.
I told Bowden that we need to postpone his birthday party, so yesterday was the day.  We had a few of his friends over for a hot-dog-roasting, 'smores-making, stick-fighting, movie-watching, dirt-covered slumber party.  It was pretty perfect for a ten-year old and his friends.
The end of the watermelon eating contest.


This guy is hazy from the smoke.  Possibly just the smoke from what had been a marshmallow on his stick.
My 'smore, made during the stick fight.
Josh G. and Tobey put out the fire.  We live in a dry, dry forest.
 
My late night picture of the boys on the basketball court.  They were asleep by 10:30pm- that's pretty good, I think.  Lilah slept in Lucy's room, and the little boys slept in their room.
I let the kids watch lots of t.v. in the morning- just this morning!  It was a celebration of all things that are not great for you- the next week will be all broccoli and early bedtimes, in recovery.

I'm just happy that Bowden had a good time.  And I'm glad that I kept my promise to have his party, because this month is CRAZY BUSY.  As I've waited for these pictures to load, I've been packing up for a week in Oxnard with my mom and sister and nieces and nephew.  I'm moving slooooww, though.  We'll see when I get there.

1 comment:

Network Ace said...

nice blog...keep it up

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...