Tuesday, January 12, 2016

My Christmas present

I've been wanting a new camera for years, but the cost...it's hard to imagine spending as much as I wanted to spend on a camera that would belong to ME. I have a weird amount of weird reservations, but this year, after my mom left, we went down to Gainesville and bought a Nikon D5500 with two different lenses.  I felt like my occasions did not warrant this camera, but I have been playing around.  I wanted to go outside, but the day after we bought the camera, we came down with a mystery disease that just this Friday was officially diagnosed as RSV...we have been wiped out, but Charlie has been - at times- scarily sick.  These are my random pictures while I get used to my camera.  What was happening?  Nothing, really. 













Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Abigail said...

WHOAH! And hurrah! That fancy-schmancy camera is going to classify this space, for sure. (Not that it wasn't already classy, of course.) It is so much fun to jump from a point and shoot to the upper regions. When I got my Canon Rebel five (or four?) years ago, it felt like a miracle occurred every time I pressed the shutter. So fast! So clear!

THese are wonderful photos. You're gonna have fun!

(p.s. The girls all looked through your latest posts with me; we have the day off of hlearning b/c it's John's day off, and I'm still in my pajamas. I wish you could have heard all their comments. So many giggles! And they all wish they could meet your children.)

sarah said...

i have always enjoyed reading your blog, and I have valued getting to know your children, and their names and relative ages- what a luxury, to know so much about friends that live so far away!
I didn't think about how my kids and yours would see so much of each other through these pages...my kids know more about yours than I did about some of my cousins! Its a gift!

Griffen said...

These photos are such a lovely start. You ARE gonna have fun... And so are we! Hongera! (Congratulations.)

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...