Friday, October 13, 2006



He wanted to take it home.

Bowden was sitting in the tall grass outside the office, very still. Unusually still. So I asked him what he was doing, and he said, "Mommy, come here! I found something!"
He had a lady bug, and he was being ever-so-gentle with it. He told me that it was his friend. "It just crawled right on me!"
He named it "Crawly" and when I told him that it was time to go, he said, "He'll fit in my pocket!"
He held it in his hand, and did not want to put him down. He kept saying, "But he's my friend!"
Eventually he let the bug go to "lay eggs and have babies," and when I mentioned that we could come back tomorrow and see if Crawly was still there, he said that we might find another friend who would crawl on him. He's a realistic boy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's terribly beautiful. How do you stand it?

heidiann(e) said...

sometimes all i want to do is listen to children talking, all day long, just to hear what they say.
what a smart little guy.

Abigail said...

He really is beautiful.
Like all others, I, as a latecomer, still need to comment on the coolest coat ever.

So have the ladybug babies hatched yet?

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...