Saturday, November 03, 2007

Thursday was a day of waiting, mostly. The Peck Family had invited us over to dinner, and after a quick stop at the Rutland Walmart for a new memory card and a hostess gift, we were off. Jamin introduced us to her lovely horse, Saylor, after a really delicious meal. I ate beets- fresh grown, steamed with sour cream- and enjoyed them for the first time ever. We had really great chili enchiladas...everything was great.
We had really wanted to meet the one-eyed Saylor, so it was nice that he was close enough to visit. You can't tell from this picture, but he was a beautiful animal, and pretty friendly.

Rachel held baby Jack for a lonnnng time- it was wonderful.
Carla Peck not only made an amazing meal for us, she also made the most delicious pie I've ever eaten. It was a four-berry pie, and I would be forever happy if I could eat that pie every day. Mmmmmmmm....

Jamin is on the right, and Nathanael is on the left- both worked on staff for us this summer, and are amazing workers.

There are eight Peck kids- well, only six of the eight are still kids- Jamin and Andrew are full grown. The youngest of the family were pose-happy and pretty much forced me to take many, many pictures.

I was happy to oblige- they were all very sweet and neat kids. Families like this make me want to have more and more children- until I think about how tired I am now.

Jonathan put the bear on Bowden's head, and Hannah approved- there was game involved.
The kids all pushed together the chairs and made a "boat." I was required to take many pictures of the boat and what you could do in it.
Bowden and Sarah, Hannah and Lucy, Elizabeth on the bootom with the beautiful red hair, and Jonathan with the crazy face- this was meant to be a crazy picture.
This was, too.
Oh, and this.
Jonathan sweet.
And pretending to be dead, to his delight.
Hannah, who loved Lucy, and is at the bottom of the pile.
Elizabeth!
Sarah.

Lucy and Hannah.
A bunch of sweet girls.
Rosie and Rachel hung out in the bedroom with the babies- I don't think I can tell how nice it was to have Rachel hold Jack.
Jack...
...and Selah, happily on the bed.
It was a wonderful time- we miss those Pecks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah, Thanks for the compliment on the meal but you have to remember my five daughters all helped too! It was a team effort and worth it all. Thanks for posting the pictures. Carla

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...