Monday, May 19, 2008



This year before the Awana Grand Prix, Josh and I thought about how to design the cars so that they would actually make it past the finish line- last year they didn't. Despite that, only one was fast, and the other two did not meet our goals.

We had told Bowden, "Now, you won last year, this year it is someone else's turn to win."

We almost hoped that he would lose- it's a good lesson to learn, but...

He won first prize in the design half to the judging. I haven't taken a picture yet, but it is is decorated with a very fine-looking vulture, breathing fire. I even gave it wings- I think they are what slowed the car down.
He's a bad loser, but an okay winner.
We got fake tattoos, balloon flowers and swords, just plain balloons- because that's what Jacky likes best- candy and hot dogs and bounces in the bounce house.

Bowden actually disappeared for a time, and when he returned, he was decked out in full bat-face.





My little Lucy had a hard time of things- while twirling with her flower balloon- purple, her favorite color- she fell and landed right on the edge on a box toy...the deep cut was evident right away, although it didn't bleed right off, oh, but when it did...
Josh had been asked last minute to give a short message, so he was up talking while I was running around with a screaming, bleeding Lucy.
I ended up taking her to the fire station, where the firemen looked at her and cleaned her up. We came back to church to race our cars.
We took her down to Eisenhower Urgent Care after the races were over and the nicest doctor and nurse looked at her, glued her shut, and made her feel fine about the whole thing.
The only weird part was when we first walking in and one of the admitting people said, "Oh, but this isn't plastic surgery!"
Oh, Palm Springs. I just wanted my girl put together, not plastified.
(While we were down, we ran some errands and spent our tax refund to buy a new laptop! And an adapter!!! I'm posting from my house, way too late at night!)
More tomorrow! Why? Because I can!

3 comments:

Griffen said...

I love you. I miss you. I wish my kids could play with yours, and not just because THEY'RE SO DARN CUTE! I'm not THAT superficial. But they are. So darn cute that is.

Liana said...

yay for a new laptop!!

sarah said...

amen, and amen.

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...