Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The top car, Lucy's flower and paint extravaganza, was our fastest, and had it not raced in the Open Heat with all of the dads and crazies, it might have won. Lucy did all the underlying paint herself- picking out the colors and slopping them on.

Bowden's creation had been in his head- he actually wanted stripes on it as well, but since he painted everything but the vulture and the fire, the stripes did not come into being. On this car, at least.
Jacky's car is really ugly, and we had it weighted down on the bottom too low, so that the chassis hit the track. Bowden painted much of it, and the rest, I admit, was done by me. Bowden especially liked the hot cocoa color on top.

I love the Awana Grand Prix. I never did anything like it as a chicken, but I live vicariously through my brood now.

3 comments:

john tate said...

Joel and I did this back when we were in Boys Brigade. Our cars got thoroughly smoked - it was all totally rigged! I love your family!

sarah said...

you have to weight the car correctly, and i have heard that the wheels are the most important part of the whole thing.

one of our cars didn't race too poorly, but like i said, it wasn't enough.

i think i'll stick to design, although the cars that won were shaped like a stick of butter (my favorite), spongebob squarepants and one of the cars from the movie "cars." No mere flowers will get the prize.

Anonymous said...

Those are some sweet looking rides. I may put a vulture like that on our car.

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...