Thursday, June 15, 2006



An extra day in the Valley without a car is a hairy thing to deal with. If I were at home, I would be fine, but since I am at my mom's house, everything is a little harder- although it is the second-best place to be with kids.
Another mom from church let me borrow a movie about a racing zebra, which we hadn't watched until we got here and have now seen four times. The fourth time had Bowden riding the rocking horse as though it was a racehorse. Lucy stared out the window at my mom's bad dog, Stella.
The nicest thing about staying an extra day and night is the kid's extra time with Nanny, and the opportunity to enjoy the backyard. The Santa Ana winds are blowing right now, and Bowden stood behind the leaves of the mulberry tree and said, "I'm in the wind!"
Lucy's tongue is out, her preferred position.

4 comments:

Griffen said...

I remember that dog...
Many happy days spent playing cards and eating sunflower seeds on your mom's lawn when we should have been writing out verses of love poems on runners and making packets for throwing bird seed.

Why didn't we just buy envelopes?

And how do your children look so much alike, and then so completely like a little boy and a little girl at the same time?

Annie said...

It's not the hair! I have already written a paragraph post here and it didn't work. I'm going to try again....
Love,
Annie

Annie said...

It worked! So, it's not the hair that distinguishes them as girl and boy...
They are both so adorable, alike, yet different. it's very fun!
It was the highlight of my week to have you guys, although I felt for you in your plight.
See you soon.
Love, mom

sarah said...

sandy-ra,
I have No Idea why we didn't buy envelopes, and it sounds like an excellent idea now, but hey, it was almost exactly five years ago.

and, I know they look alike, but not as much to me as they do to everyone else, I've noticed.
I think Lucy could pass for a boy, easily. Most people think she is a boy, even when wearing her pinkest clothes.

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...