Monday, June 26, 2006



Lucy has been growing so amazingly fast- it seems like it was a couple of months ago that she would lay on the ground and stare at the ceiling, or toys or whatever until she got hungry or I missed her heaviness. She just cut two teeth this week- her third on the top right and on the right bottom- and follows directions so beautifully.
I say stop, she stops. Bowden was never so obedient as a baby.
I ask her for a kiss, and she'll give one, usually followed by a little, "Aaaah..." because that's what we do when she or Bowden kiss each other or us. She climbs on everything...there is a little rocking chair at work that she got onto today because she saw Bowden do it, and she was very pleased with her accomplishment. She'll show me things, like ping-pong balls, and she loves to hide under everything and peep out. I am very glad to have such a sweet and loving baby.
Bowden was mild and easy-going, and Lucy is not so much. She's prone to dramatics- when she falls, even on something soft, even if it's on her plushy bottom, she'll cry like it was a traumatic experience. She yells when she gets frustrated, whereas Bowden would just truck on through. I can't wait to see their other differences.
I like being a mother right now, but not just a mother. I like being a mother to my children.

4 comments:

Annie said...

It is fun to see the differences and the emerging personalities. Bowden's resiliency is amazing. Lucy's dramatics are fun. She is just EMOTIONAL. I understand that! But the good side is that she loves the kissing and the hugging and the laughing and waving. What a sweetie she is.
Bowsie is "tool" and my best boy, as always!

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

Golly Gee, I miss them...

Cyn said...

this is off topic but how did you get the links to your other blogs up at the top under the blog title?

sarah said...

cyndi,
the links thing is from job- he taught me how, and I will e-mail his template as soon as i have a chance!
and to anyone who wants it, too.

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...