Tuesday, January 05, 2016

A look at Novermber 2013

A package of Idyllwild love from our friends the Whites.  I was desperate with missing Idyllwild.  This was wonderful to get.
The kids were in school- all four- and Josh and I went on dates.  Over this year, we had a wonderful amount of breakfast dates.

I posed at Alligator Lake park.  There is no swimming in this swamp!
My little boys.
Mi-chi-mo
Writing a letter(!) on one of our dates!

Put those books away!!!!


Lake Butler is the name of the town and the lake 12 miles east of us.  We are closer to Lake City- 8 miles to the edge of it.  Lake Butler is pretty, but really only pleasant to swim in cooler weather.  It felt like a gem at the time.






Library time!  I would take Miles out of school at 12, and then we'd hang out until the older kids got home at two thirty.  I can't believe how old he seems at six as compared with these pictures of him at 4.



Artistry with markers results in colored water.


What says 'thankful' more than a turkey headpiece?  Hmph.





Sick Jack
 


This garden experiment led to the discovery that we all hate collard greens, but love Georgia onions.



Still with his baby face and everything.  These collards grew like they were meant to be planted in North Florida.
I was so sick for our first Thanksgiving in Florida.  We had been invited to the Gillen's for dinner, but I had a fever and Miles was sick, too.  So the Gillens brought dinner to us!  It was overwhelming and wonderful.  The people in the church in Lulu have been so good to us!



Sick Miles.



I finally had our room clean and put away.  I will take a picture of it now.  It is no longer clean.

Walking around Alligator Lake.  It's gorgeous, and we have yet to see an alligator in it.

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Oh, I miss your jolly self. These pictures are so wonderful.

Your garden is so lush and huge! I tried to grow collards for the first time this year, never having eaten them before. The monsoons killed them before they even sprouted. I guess collards are a southern food for a reason...

sarah said...

Fabigail, I just love you so much.
It WAS lush and large. The past two years have seen so much garden failure. All I really want to grow are tomatoes and zucchini and I have yet to grow more than three tomatoes, AND NO ZUCCHINI. These are the vegetables that people give away because they grow like crazy, right? I won't cry over it, yet.

Lucy’s graduation

Lucy graduated this last June. She was Valedictorian of her class of 25 students, and came away with a lot of honors.  She participated in e...